- You have a background (work and/or study) in Cyber Security, Computer Science, Information Systems, Information Security, Information Assurance, or a closely related field.
- You possess outstanding organizational and communication skills (written & verbal) as well as the ability to think on your feet and learn quickly.
- You have a strong desire to learn from industry leading experts.
- You are a US citizen (due to military contract requirements), clearable for a DoD Secret clearance. Ability to obtain Secret Clearance is required, although not necessary to begin work.
|Education:||You are a recent graduate or current student of Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, or Cyber Security. Relevant experience may be substituted for education.|
|Certifications:||Security+ Certification preferred but not required.|
- Client Cybersecurity Assessment Support to include client coordination and collaboration activities. You will coordinate communication with clients, set up meetings, setup scanning activities, set up calls, and provide weekly status updates. Additionally, you will populate spreadsheets with organization data relevant to the Cyber Security assessment.
- Perform Scanning activities - Vulnerability Scans, Network Scans, and Compliance Scans using STIG/SCAP content- with senior staff oversight.
- Reading/Reviewing Policy and Procedure documentation relevant to Information Security provided by the client to gauge NIST compliance.
- Perform Gap-Analysis of client's organization and systems against the 110 NIST SP800-171r1 Security Requirements.
- Generate Assessment Reports and artifacts such as System Security Plan (SSP); Security Test & Evaluation (ST&E) Report; Plan of Actions and Milestones Report (POA&M); and Other Policy/Procedure Artifacts needed by client as needed per client’s contract agreement, which may include: Incident Response Plan, Access Control Policy, Etc.
- Perform Cybersecurity Mitigation/Remediation Services Support to include Assistance with applying remediation action items against customer environment. This includes environment design, hardware/software setup, creation of user guides, Creation of Policy/Procedure documents using document templates.
- Researching potential remediation action items for clients based on compliance gaps includes updating the client’s Plan of Action & Milestones (POA&M) artifact.
- Depending on your level of knowledge and experience, Interns may provide software application development support related to Governance, Risk Management, and Compliance software to include:
- Assist with creation of narrative content for “How To” videos for our Software Tool, guidelines, educational debrief videos for security assessment clients, NIST Educational content for our Application users.
- Assist in mockup/storyboard creation for development of the GRC solution.
- Assist in content management for the application.
- Research of technical requirements necessary for the tool’s Network Scanner.
- Collect/provide feedback from client assessment engagements to further enhance the technical solution.
|Physical Demands and Work Environment:|
- Usual office working conditions and standard office equipment.
- Required to sit for long periods of time using a personal computer.
- Some light physical effort required.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
- Only local residents to the Waynesboro, VA area will be considered.
- Candidates must be US citizens who are clearable for a DoD Secret clearance, due to military contract requirements.
- Unable to work with 3rd party candidates or agencies.