|Education:||B.A. or B.S. degree. Four years of relevant experience may be substituted for degree.|
|Experience:||10 years of IT experience including 4 years directing a project.|
|Clearance:||Active DOD Secret Clearance.|
|Related Experience Should Include:|
- IT project management for a DoD client (Army or National Guard preferred) collaborating with product team and customers on a complex multi-component system with a graphical user interface and database comprising millions of records.
- Well versed in U.S. Army IT strategic planning, management, policies, directives, doctrine, regulations, tools, and methodologies.
- Implementation of Earned Value Management techniques.
- Proficiency in an automated program management tool.
- Dedication to best practices, quality management, and continuous process improvement, demonstrated by Capability Maturity Model Integration (CMMI) Level 3 or above appraisal success and ISO 9001:2015 audit certification.
- Process management, engineering, and improvement.
- Executing business process re-engineering and/or improvement projects, supporting mission-oriented business functions or research (e.g., data assessments, functional evaluations, gap analyses, etc.) and related applications or automated systems.
- Interacting with high-level clients, making independent presentations and program/policy recommendations to senior government officials and/or corporate counterparts.
- Microsoft Office suite experience required; Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio and Visual Studio experience desired.
- Responsible for oversight and reporting on all aspects of program performance (i.e., technical, contractual, administrative, financial) and full-scale client support.
- Point of contact with the Contracting Officer's Representative (COR) and Contracting Officer (KO) to take responsibility for the performance of the work and project management.
- Develop, maintain, and implement a Program Management Plan that guides the performance of all activities performed on the contract.
- Generate task descriptions and track derived requirements in support of project management.
- Interface with corporate resources to ensure timeliness and quality of all services, products, and deliverables.
- Provide guidance and facilitate communication with the team and work directly with the customer to ensure requirements translate to technical directions. Assist the customer in defining requirements, attend design meetings, attend/host product demonstrations, respond to and answer ad hoc requests, and support the project team as the on-site project representative.
- Continually improve program and process efficiencies and effectiveness.
- Perform technical scope and risk assessments, assessments for change requests, resource estimates, and monthly financial analyses.
- Respond to client inquiries, providing the proposed course of action and estimated time to delivery.
- Monitor customer help tickets, address customer inquiries, and resolve issues.
- Recommend design and analytic approaches to customers, manage multiple complex tasks with tight deadlines and proactively collaborate with a variety of subject matter experts.
- Produce strong proposal responses to customer-released RFP contracts and/or task orders.
|Physical Demands and Work Environment:|
- Usual office working conditions and standard office equipment.
- Required to sit for long periods of time using a personal computer.
- Some light physical effort required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
- Some travel may be required.
- Candidates must have a current DoD Secret clearance.
- Candidates must be local to the DC/MD/VA area.
- Unable to work with 3rd party candidates or agencies.