|Education:||Post-Secondary Degree, or equivalent years of experience|
|Experience:||3+ years of QA / Test Engineer experience|
|Clearance:||Be clearable or have an active DOD Secret clearance.|
|Related Experience Should Include:|
- Performing QA/Test Engineer duties with a solid understanding of the software development lifecycle (SDLC) and defect lifecycle.
- Solid understanding of process for eliciting, analyzing, and verifying requirements in an Agile development environment.
- Experience with Agile development in a Microsoft software engineering environment, testing products developed using C#, .NET, and a SQL Server backend.
- Experience developing software tests for functional, performance, and regression testing that include automated, ad-hoc, and manual testing elements.
- Use of automated testing tools such as Microsoft Test Manager (MTM), Coded UI, Selenium.
- Good understanding of Black box, functional, integration, system, and regression testing on new and existing functionality (designing and developing regression test cases/test scenarios). Managing and directing system test activities, creating test cases, test scenarios, requirement traceability matrix.
- Testing for accessibility in accordance with Section 508 standards (Usability and Compliance).
- Working on CMMI for DEV ML3 or higher appraised projects, and audit experience in ISO 9001:2008 or 2015 standards, monitoring supporting artifact repository, and participating in audits.
- Expertise developing and adhering to process and procedures, participating in process improvement, status reporting, and facilitating team collaboration.
- Creating standard operating procedures and metrics based on best practices for a QA team.
- Partner with Agile Release Team to plan for new functionality, resolve defects, and incorporate error injection test methodologies and provide input into improving the Automation test framework for the organization.
- Develop and execute testing tasks and plans that meet time lines and release requirements.
- Develop and execute test scripts and test cases; test plans, test reports, root-cause analysis, and security certification compliance testing.
- Performance testing, regression testing, high availability testing, end user testing.
- Verification of system capabilities and system enhancements or changes.
- System and software level integration troubleshooting.
- Support requirements traceability, requirements verification, defect tracking, documentation, and communication.
- Assist the PM in delivering the highest quality product possible. Hold and document reviews with contract leadership, team members, clients and other stakeholders, monitoring and tracking the contract and work products against the plan.
- Support process or product implementation and identify areas for improvement as well as product and project risks and issues; identify mitigations as needed.
- Interface with team and customers to refine requirements, user stories, and to better define and describe product features.
- Ensure configuration and release management of testing data, documentation, and environments.
- Participate in requirement, test case, and test plan peer reviews and maintain and improve product quality by completing product, and process audits.
- Monitor adherence to quality management system and perform quality inspections; audit internal and external projects to ensure testing is occurring and is compliant with process and procedures, and meets CMMI and ISO compliance standards.
- Ensure Process and Procedure documentation is maintained.
|Physical Demands and Work Environment:|
- Usual office working conditions and standard office equipment.
- Required to sit for long periods of time using a personal computer.
- Some light physical effort required.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
- Candidates must have current DoD Secret clearance, Public Trust, or ability to obtain (application completion requires verifiable information regarding your U.S. citizenship, residence, education, employment history, family, associates, and foreign connections/travel as well as questions regarding criminal records, illegal drug involvement, financial delinquencies, certain types of mental health treatment, alcohol-related incidents and counseling, military service, prior clearances and investigations, civil court actions, misuse of computer systems, and subversive activities).
- Unable to work with 3rd party candidates or agencies.
- Only local residents to the Northern VA, DC, MD area will be considered.