- Northern Virginia (Fairfax, VA)
- BS/BA degree or equivalent experience. Technical certifications a plus.
- SQL expertise required to be considered for this position. Existing knowledge of federal civilian agency human resource systems and data.
- Be clearable or have an active Public Trust clearance.
|Related Work Experience Should Include:
- Strong knowledge of SQL, including the ability to read and design queries and stored procedures.
- Knowledge of relational and dimensional database designs, metadata management techniques, and a working understanding of tools used for database, content, and metadata management.
- Demonstrated expertise in the structure / capabilities / limitations of a data warehouse.
- Functional knowledge of federal civilian agency human resource data, personnel management, personnel management lifecycle, a solid understanding of automated personnel management systems.
- Executing business process re-engineering and/or improvement projects, supporting mission-oriented business functions or research (e.g., data assessments, functional evaluations, gap analyses, etc.) and related applications or automated systems.
- Ad hoc reporting and other customer support and interaction.
- Presenting and creating customer briefings, demonstrations, and training.
- Microsoft Office suite expertise. Microsoft Visual Studio experience desired.
- Demonstrated verbal and written communication skills including the ability to write in layman’s terms when defining metrics, reports, and dashboards.
- Work on one or more agile software implementation teams and with customers to design user interfaces, reports and dashboards, automate work flows, design data models, and obtain, translate, document customer requirements.
- Create and manage SQL Server application data models using SQL Server Management Studio.
- Create and manage application metadata using internal admin tools and SQL Server Management Studio.
- Satisfy Ad hoc requests for reports or information, leveraging internally developed tools and / or direct SQL.
- Clearly communicate highly technical details to customers who have little or no programming, database, or software development knowledge.
- Provide customer with understandable explanations based on complex SQL/data-based characteristics. Identify necessary additional fields and review new metrics and presentations for accuracy and refinement. Assist in updating metadata for products.
- Perform quantitative and qualitative analyses.
- Present Tiber Creek products at customer briefings and meetings.
|Physical Demands and Work Environment:
- Usual office working conditions and standard office equipment. Required to sit for long periods of time using a personal computer. Some light physical effort required.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
- Some travel may be required.
- Candidates must have current DOD Secret clearance.
- Unable to work with 3rd party candidates or agencies.