Help Desk Specialist, Fairfax VA
Tiber Creek Consulting, Inc. is looking for Customer Help Desk Support personnel to join our in-house client support team in Fairfax, VA. You will answer telephone calls and emails to provide direct assistance to end users on IT systems supporting multiple software products that serve our government clients. We are seeking a professional with at least 2 years’ of technical Help Desk or Customer Service experience, providing support for complex software applications, and knowledgeable in information system security requirements and the Privacy Act.
Your proven record of triage and assessment of impacted systems, and following standard operating procedures to escalate when needed to facilitate solutions with Tier 2 support personnel and application developers, make you the ideal candidate for this position. If you have a strong aptitude for troubleshooting, problem solving, written and verbal communication of issues related to software products, working one-on-one with clients, and following up to ensure customer satisfaction, please consider joining our team of dedicated professionals.
||Minimum of 2 years’ experience working for a call center help desk; DoD or Federal Government call center experience a plus.
||Candidates must be US citizens who are clearable for a DoD Secret clearance, due to military contract requirements.
- Responding to IT product related inquiries and requests for assistance from customers via telephone and email.
- Using a ticket system to enter and track trouble ticket status from beginning to end.
- Supporting a large customer base (thousands of users) or military community.
- Working directly with customers in obtaining information needed to establish or change permissions.
- Ability to use instruction manuals in order to resolve issues and answer questions, and provide guidance to customers.
- Communicating methods to troubleshoot minor browser/software malfunctions to end users.
- Analyzing help desk metrics (such as ticket volume trends, first call resolution, service level agreement (SLA) compliance rate) for trends and process improvements.
- Meeting Help Desk Deliverables and contract performance requirements.
- Create Help Desk tickets and maintain ticketing database to track progress and resolution of issues reported by customers.
- Written and verbal communication (phone support and responding to email inquiries) to document the request, question, steps leading to a perceived problem, and solution.
- Translate detailed logical steps developed by others into language understandable to users.
- Troubleshoot browser and software-related issues.
- Assess impact of reported incidents.
- Resolve basic problems while referring more complex problems to intermediate and/or senior level.
- Work closely with applications developers to ensure that problems are addressed and resolved in a timely manner.
- Interview subject-matter experts to facilitate your ability to answer end user questions.
- Ensure that all phases of help desk support are properly coordinated, monitored, logged, tracked, and resolved as required to meet or exceed contract and customer expectations.
- Responsible for the activities associated with the identification, prioritization, resolution and documentation of reported problems.
and Work Environment:
- Usual office working conditions and standard office equipment. Required to sit for long periods of time using a personal computer. Some light physical effort required.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
- Unable to work with 3rd party candidates or agencies.
- Candidates must be US citizens who are clearable for a DoD Secret clearance, due to military contract requirements.