Help Desk Specialist, Fairfax VA
Tiber Creek Consulting, Inc. is looking for a Customer Help Desk Support Agent to join our client support team in Fairfax, VA. You will become a member on a team responsible for answering phone calls and emails to provide support and troubleshooting services to end-users of multiple software products serving our government clients. We are seeking a professional with at least 2 years of Help Desk or Customer Service experience providing support for complex software applications and knowledgeable in information systems.
Our Help Desk Team helps users experiencing technical difficulties with software products by utilizing proven diagnostic techniques and problem-solving methods, following standard operating procedures, and identifying issues to be escalated to Tier 2 Help Desk Agents for advanced support. If you have a strong aptitude for troubleshooting and problem-solving issues related to software products, strong written and verbal communication skills, experience working one-on-one with software users, and following up to ensure customer satisfaction, please consider joining our team of dedicated professionals.
||Minimum of 2 years’ experience working for a call center help desk; DoD or Federal Government call center experience a plus. Military experience a plus.
||Candidates must be US citizens who are clearable for a DoD Secret clearance, due to military contract requirements.
- Responding to IT product related inquiries and requests for assistance from customers via telephone and email.
- Using a ticket system to enter and track trouble ticket status from beginning to end.
- Supporting a large customer base (thousands of users) or military community.
- Working directly with customers in obtaining information needed to establish or change permissions.
- Ability to use Frequently Asked Questions documentation and instruction manuals in order to resolve issues, answer questions, and provide guidance to users.
- Communicating methods to troubleshoot minor browser/software malfunctions to end users.
- Provide assistance to customers experiencing technical difficulties with software products by utilizing diagnostic techniques and problem-solving methods.
- Apply written and verbal communication (phone support and responding to email inquiries) to document requests, questions, steps leading to a perceived problem, and solution.
- Create Help Desk tickets and maintain ticketing system to track progress towards resolution of issues reported by customers.
- Correspond with Help Desk team members to facilitate your ability to answer end user questions.
- Translate detailed logical steps developed by others into language understandable to users.
- Troubleshoot browser and software-related issues.
- Assess impact of reported incidents.
- Resolve basic problems while escalating more complex problems to Tier 2 Help Desk Agents for advanced support.
- Responsible for the activities associated with the identification, prioritization, and documentation of reported problems.
- Work week includes Saturday or Sunday, 7AM – 5-PM. Weekday hours are 10AM-6PM.
and Work Environment:
- Usual office working conditions and standard office equipment. Required to sit for long periods of time using a personal computer. Some light physical effort required.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
- Unable to work with 3rd party candidates or agencies.
- Candidates must be US citizens who are clearable for a DoD Secret clearance, due to military contract requirements.
- Must be willing to work weekends and weekday evenings until 6PM.