Help Desk / Systems Administrator
Tiber Creek Consulting is seeking a help desk / systems administrator to work at our headquarters in Fairfax, VA. You will provide first-level support services to users experiencing technical issues and answer IT requests involving business applications and workplace productivity tools for desktops, laptops, virtual machines and servers. This includes providing problem tracking, diagnosis, replication, resolution, escalation, and system/application support documentation development. In this role you will apply your communication, analytical, and problem solving skills to ensure client satisfaction with end user and project related issues.
Successful candidates in this position will be rewarded with increasingly complex network and systems engineering duties and mentorship from our Senior Engineers. Traits that will differentiate a successful candidate include a self-motivated learner who readily takes on complex tasks and demonstrates a desire to learn from peers and senior staff. Applicants for this position should indicate which of the following preferred certifications you have or are in the process of attaining: Comptia (A+, Network+, Security+), Microsoft (MCP, MCSA, MCSE), other.
||2+ years’ work experience.
- Technical support experience.
- Strong communication skills and excellent work ethic.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Technologies such as: Windows OS, Server OS, Active Directory, etc.
- Experience with a ticketing system.
- Experience with imaging software.
- Workstation hardware/software troubleshooting experience
- Candidates must be US citizens who are clearable for a DoD Secret clearance, due to military contract requirements. Active clearance is NOT required to start.
- Provide technical assistance and support either in person or over the phone for incoming queries and issues related to computer systems, software, and hardware.
- Provide end-user support in troubleshooting hardware issues with workstations, servers, networking, and other computer peripherals.
- Install, configure, and upgrade hardware/software on workstations (Windows 7 and Windows 10) and peripherals.
- Manage IT inventory; maintain accurate/detailed inventory including controlling the movement of technology hardware and software.
- Perform preventative maintenance of systems, applications, and computing equipment in network computing environment.
- Build and administer Windows servers as required and delegated by the IT Manager and Sr. Engineering staff.
- Install/troubleshoot VPN clients for remote access.
- Build and install new hire workstations.
- Create and maintain software images.
|Physical Demands and Work Environment:
- Usual office working conditions and standard office equipment.
- Required to sit for long periods of time using a personal computer.
- Some light physical effort required.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
- Candidates must be US citizens who are clearable for a DoD Secret clearance, due to military contract requirements.
- Only local residents to the Northern VA, DC, MD area will be considered.
- Unable to work with 3rd party candidates or agencies.