Help Desk/Customer Support
Seeking Help Desk/Customer Support personnel to join our in-house Client Support team. As part of our Fairfax, VA staff, you will be applying your skills in support of our innovative and vital software applications that serve our government clients. We are seeking professionals with at least 2 years of experience working in a technical Help Desk or Customer Service capacity, providing support for complex software applications.
The successful candidate provides outstanding customer service at all times, and facilitates solutions with Tier 2 support teams and application developers. If you have a strong aptitude for troubleshooting, problem solving, written and verbal communication of issues, multi-tasking, as well as working one-on-one with clients and the product development team, please join our team of dedicated professionals.
||2-year degree or equivalent experience
||2+ years’ work experience
||You must be clearable for a DoD Secret clearance. For most positions, active clearance is NOT required to start, so there is no waiting or bench period.
- Knowledge of methods to troubleshoot minor browser/software malfunctions.
- Ability to use instruction manuals in order to resolve issues, answer questions, and provide guidance to customers.
- Preferred skills include experience with Military Personnel/Manpower Systems, experience supporting large customer base or military community, associate degree or higher in IT-related discipline.
- Answer Help Desk inquiries and troubleshoot browser and software-related issues.
- Create Help Desk tickets, communicating with customer as necessary in order to clearly document the request, question, or steps leading to a perceived problem.
- Maintain ticketing database to track progress and resolution of issues reported by customers, and work closely with applications developers to ensure that problems are addressed and resolved in a timely manner.
- Follow up with customers to ensure customer satisfaction.
and Work Environment:
- Usual office working conditions and standard office equipment.
- Required to sit for long periods of time using a personal computer.
- Some light physical effort required.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
- Candidates must be US citizens who are clearable for a DoD Secret clearance, due to military contract requirements.
- Only local residents to the Northern VA, DC, MD area will be considered.
- Unable to work with 3rd party candidates or agencies.