IT Support Engineer - Fredericksburg and Fairfax, VA
Tiber Creek Consulting is seeking an IT Support Engineer to work four days a week at our commercial client site in Fredericksburg and one day a week at our headquarters in Fairfax, VA. You will provide first level support services to users experiencing technical issues, and answer IT requests involving business applications, workplace productivity tools for desktops, laptops, virtual machines and servers. This includes providing support, problem tracking, diagnosis, replication, resolution, escalation and system/application support documentation development. In this role you will apply your communication, analytical, and problem solving skills to ensure client satisfaction with end user and project related issues.
Successful candidates in this position will be rewarded with increasingly complex network and systems engineering duties and mentorship from our Senior Engineers. Traits that will differentiate a successful candidate include a self-motivated learner who readily takes on complex tasks and demonstrates a desire to learn from peers and senior staff.
||Fredericksburg and Fairfax, VA
||2+ years’ work experience
- Technical support experience.
- Strong communication skills, excellent work ethic and troubleshooting skills.
- Configure, install, update desktops, laptops, peripherals based on client service requests or otherwise assigned.
- Perform desktop application installations, upgrades, and support & maintenance (Windows 7 and Windows 10) supporting local and remote staff.
- Maintain tools such as WSUS, MDT, and WDS.
- Maintain and further improve the security, monitoring, and stability of our enterprise desktop environment.
- Perform preventative maintenance of systems, applications and computing equipment in customer network computing environment.
- Build and administer Windows servers as required and delegated by the IT Manager and Sr. Engineering staff.
- Support Active Directory including AD accounts, security groups, DNS, and DHCP.
- Creation and termination of Windows Active Directory and Exchange user accounts including security groups and rights, group policy and distribution groups.
- File and Print server management including network printer configuration.
- Telecommunication service requests (moves, adds and changes.)
- Install/troubleshoot VPN clients for remote access.
- Assist with network related tasks as delegated by the IT Manager and Sr. Engineering staff.
- Assist in production data center tasks as required to maintain production business continuity as delegated by the IT Manager and Sr. Engineering staff.
- Special projects and other related duties.
- Participate in rotating on-call and maintenance schedules/rotations as assigned, possibly including nights and weekends.
- Document new policies and procedures as designated by the IT Manager, Sr. Engineering staff, and Client Supervisor.
- Gather unique client requirements and work with Sr. Engineering staff to create and build solutions to satisfy client requirements.
and Work Environment:
- Usual office working conditions and standard office equipment.
- Required to sit for long periods of time using a personal computer.
- Some light physical effort required.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
- Federal contracts require this position be filled only by U.S. citizens.
- Only local residents to the Northern VA, DC, MD area will be considered.
- Unable to work with 3rd party candidates or agencies.