Military Data Analyst
Tiber Creek is seeking a Military Data Analyst to work on-site in Fort Bragg, NC with our military client, where you will fulfill ad hoc requests; identify ways to improve data quality and provide to USARC Leadership for evaluation and action; assist and train users on our software solutions, and create reports to support the G1 mission. You will work with several military human resource databases using your Microsoft SQL Server expertise, as well as various internally developed tools and/or products, including Commander’s Strength Management Module (CSMM). Knowledge of military human resources and a robust understanding of military systems and processes are highly desired in this position.
Applicants should have strong SQL skills, the ability to work independently to manage multiple complex tasks with tight deadlines, and proactively seek assistance from a variety of subject matter experts. Your strong interpersonal, organizational and time-management skills, ability to accomplish tasks, fulfill requirements, and effectively communicate and train other users, assure your growth with Tiber Creek Consulting. As part of our staff, you will be applying your skills to innovative and vital projects for Tiber Creek applications as well as for our government client.
||Fort Bragg, NC
||Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience / certifications.
||5+ years' work experience as indicated
||Active Secret Clearance is required
- Strong knowledge of SQL, including the ability to read and design queries and stored procedures.
- Knowledge of relational and dimensional database designs, metadata management techniques, and a working understanding of tools used for database, content, and metadata management.
- Demonstrated expertise in the structure / capabilities / limitations of a data warehouse.
- Solid understanding of automated military systems.
- Familiarity with Commander’s Strength Management Module (CSMM) and other Reserve Component Manpower System (RCMS) products is a plus.
- Answering dozens of Ad hoc requests on a monthly basis. Ad hoc reporting and other daily customer support and interaction.
- Functional knowledge of the US Army military human resource processes and procedures.
- Demonstrated organizational, planning skills needed to track each request and its fulfillment.
- Presenting and creating customer briefings, demonstrations, and training including classroom and desk-side.
- Microsoft Office suite expertise.
- Demonstrated verbal and written communication skills including the ability to write in layman’s terms when defining metrics, reports, and dashboards.
- Satisfy Ad hoc requests for reports or information, leveraging internally developed tools and / or direct SQL.
- Clearly communicate highly technical details to customers who have little or no programming, database, or software development knowledge.
- Provide customer with understandable explanations based on complex SQL/data-based characteristics. Identify necessary additional fields and review new metrics and presentations for accuracy and refinement. Assist in updating metadata for products.
- Perform quantitative and qualitative analyses.
- Present Tiber Creek products at USARC G1 workshops and commander conferences
- Conduct individual and/or group training on products and tools.
- Create and provide briefings.
- Triage customer help tickets, address customer inquiries, and resolve issues.
- Generate Ad hoc task descriptions and track to completion in project management tool.
- Collaborate with product team and customers.
- Develop and document functional requirements, working with customer, project, and technical team.
|Physical Demands and Work Environment:
- Usual office working conditions and standard office equipment. Required to sit for long periods of time using a personal computer. Some light physical effort required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position. Some travel may be required.
- Current DoD security (secret) clearance. Applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Only residents local to Fort Bragg, NC or willing to relocate Ft. Bragg area will be considered. No moving expenses will be provided.
- Unable to work with 3rd party candidates or agencies.