||Fort Knox, KY
||Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
||5+ years' related military work experience
||Current Secret Clearance is required
- Strong background in Army Human Resources with insight into a wide spectrum of the Army HR community, systems, and processes.
- Providing superior service to customers as a subject matter expert.
- Providing training to groups large and small, at multiple venues, on software, eligibility, and/or other aspects of program administration.
- Contributing to informational materials including writing updates to course POIs, website content, briefings, training materials, and SOPs.
- Strong interpersonal skills for interacting with all levels of the organization and interfacing with team and customers.
- Strong problem solving and organizational skills (including the ability to prioritize high-visibility items).
- Excellent communication/presentation skills and experienced in briefing and presenting to senior government leadership.
- Providing critical input, communicating, and coordinating with customers, co-workers, programmers, etc., to resolve problems including data issues and data flows.
- Support Soldiers via telephone and email, on a daily basis, on how to receive and obtain benefits, and resolve related concerns.
- Investigate current and former Soldier records to determine eligibility for benefits. Verify eligibility, initiate or revoke recoupment actions. Validate for recoupment.
- Educate unit personnel on how to use Reserve Component Manpower System solutions to support their Soldiers receiving benefits.
- Serve as a trainer at HRC for several training populations (ARCD, UA, Command Course, etc.) and provide MGIB and other program(s) training to groups large and small, at multiple venues such as RPAC, ARRTC, RSC, Major Commands, and Veterans Affairs Regional Offices.
- Provide input and analysis, and document response as needed on all relevant GI Bill and other program issues, Congressional, and Special inquiries. Brief customer on all relevant policy and data issues.
- Keep current on proposed legislative changes to military civilian education programs and Army regulations. Research and analyze DOD Instruction (DODI) documents before implementation.
- Provide analysis of GI Bill issues to HRC and AR G1 decision makers. Effectively communicate as needed with OSD, Army G1, AR G1, VA, etc., to articulate matters critical to military civilian education programs to include Tuition Assistance, GI Bill, and Loan Repayment.
- Provide AR G1 and HRC Leadership with MGIB Fiscal Year statistics and trends as required.
- Participate in appropriate meetings and working groups as required by customer. Document critical business processes.
- Annually update all GI Bill HRC SOPs, HRC, and websites.
|Physical Demands and Work Environment:
- Usual office working conditions and standard office equipment.
- Required to sit for long periods of time using a personal computer.
- Some light physical effort required.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
- Some travel may be required.
- Candidates must have current DoD Secret clearance.
- Only residents local to Ft. Knox, KY, will be considered. Candidates willing to relocate to Ft. Knox area will be considered.
- Unable to work with 3rd party candidates or agencies.