||BS/BA degree or substitute 4 years' experience
||2+ years of related work experience required to be considered for this position. 8+ years of experience to be considered for a senior level position.
||Be clearable or have an active DOD Secret clearance.
- Must have a good understanding of the software development lifecycle.
- Experience working with a source control system such as Git, TFS, or Subversion.
- Solid understanding of and experience with object-oriented design and programming.
- Working knowledge of functional programming techniques.
- Good understanding of an ORM such as Entity Framework.
- Experience designing and writing unit tests.
- Solid understanding of data modeling and database programming.
- Understanding of database design patterns, performance tuning techniques, and the tools used to accomplish them.
- Experience with patterns applicable to large amounts of data, such as efficient paging and caching strategies.
- Experience with debugging tools such as Log2Console, browser developer tools, and SQL Server Profiler.
- Back-end development in C# using ASP.NET MVC.
- Front-end development using TypeScript, Bootstrap, and jQuery.
- Database development using SQL Server, including designing and implementing stored procedures.
- Unit testing and UI test automation.
- DevSecOps support for both public and private cloud deployments.
- Planning and executing small to large projects and tasks.
- Prepares design documentation, tests code, analyzes system log data, and documents changes.
- Analyzes trouble tickets and resolves programming issues.
- Collaborates with senior developers and engineers.
- Reviews customer requirement documentation and seeks clarification.
- Leads database projects that support software integration, defines database design and integration requirements, and external database and software integration.
- Develops and verifies software plans and release milestones for new and existing projects.
- Leads peer review and test efforts for multiple projects.
- Identifies efficiencies of custom or third party solutions and conducts trade off analysis to determine potential courses of action.
- Works both independently and on a team.
- Mentor less experienced team members.
and Work Environment:
- Usual office working conditions and standard office equipment.
- Required to sit for long periods of time using a personal computer.
- Some light physical effort required.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
- Candidates must be US citizens who are clearable for a DoD Secret clearance, due to military contract requirements.
- Only local residents to VA, DC, MD, and San Antonio, TX will be considered.
- Unable to work with 3rd party candidates or agencies.