Tiber Creek Consulting in Fairfax, VA is seeking well qualified candidates to join our business development team as a Proposal Manager. In this position, you will communicate our 25+ years of accomplishments, experience, and expertise in delivering customized, scalable, cutting-edge technical solutions to our Department of Defense (DoD), Federal Civilian, and commercial clients. We supply an impressive array of web-accessible secure technologies specifically tailored to the needs of each and every client. As a Proposal Manager, you will join us in building upon our past success as we grow our future.
This successful candidate in this position works with our team to develop our key messages and themes. Responsibilities include managing/coordinating proposal development, shredding RFPs, developing outlines and compliance matrices, assigning proposal writers, coordinating data calls and collaborating with proposal partners, managing/participating in the proposal writing process, leading color team reviews, preparing copies for submission, and maintaining library content. Excellent writing, interpersonal communication, collaboration, organization, and time management skills are required.
||BA/BS in relevant field or equivalent work experience. Association of Proposal Management Professionals (APMP) certification at the Foundation, Practitioner, or Professional level is a plus but not required. Project Management Professional (PMP certification) is a plus but not required.
||6+ years’ relevant work experience writing and/or managing proposals.
- Outlining, writing, and managing: Executive Summaries and Introductions; Compliance Matrices; Proposal Outlines; Technical Approaches and Plans; Project Management Plans; Corporate Experience and Team Experience; Staffing Plans, including Qualification Matrices; Transition Plans and Transition Schedules, including Surge Up and Scale Down; Past Performance Sections and Volumes; Performance Work Statements (PWS), including Performance Matrices and Plans; Quality Control and Quality Assurance Plans; Small Business Participation Plans; Technical Task Order Responses; Sample Scenarios; Statements of Work (SOW); Risk Management Plans, Risk Analyses, and Risk Mitigation Tables.
- Working under pressure, to meet deadlines.
- Working with labor categories and pricing plans, including Firm Fixed Price proposals.
- Working task order responses from review to submission.
- Creating Level of Effort tables for pricing.
- Responding to IDIQs, GWACs, and BPAs.
- Familiarity with DoD is required. Familiarity with Army is a plus. Familiarity with Federal Civilian is a plus.
- Using multiple proposal management methodologies and familiarity with Shipley, Agile, a hybrid, or something similar.
- Participating in or leading all color teams reviews and gate reviews.
- Working independently and collaboratively.
- Use of proposal and other content management software.
- Previous technical writing and a demonstrated ability to observe technical processes and relay the information in a concise and effective way.
- Business development/capture management experience is a plus.
- Coordinate and manage multi-disciplinary teams to complete proposal responses.
- Work with internal and partner teams to create draft proposals based upon RFP/PWS for Requirements/IDIQ/BPA Task Order responses.
- Write and edit proposals.
- Respond to RFIs.
- Write corporate management plans and technical sections. Work with technical SMEs using interviews to create content addressing technical requirements.
- Use efficient methodology for color team proposal reviews.
- Conduct working sessions that generate ideas and solutions, including strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and threats (SWOT analysis) for identifying and analyzing the internal and external factors that can have an impact on the viability of a project.
- Conduct pre-RFP preparation including assessing competition, gap analysis, win, strategy theme, and discriminator development, and Bid/No Bid decision reviews.
- Maintain Business Development proposal directory/documentation in shared site and manage library of content.
- Create resumes and past performance information to meet relevant RFP/RFQ/RFW/RFI requirements.
- Communicate and collaborate with technical writers, project teams, and customers.
- Provide marketing materials and product information to the Business Development (BD) team.
- Informally and formally brief and make independent presentations to senior leadership.
|Physical Work Environment:
- Some light physical effort required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
- Applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Only local residents will be considered.
- Candidates selected for consideration must consent to a background check.
- Unable to work with 3rd party candidates or agencies.