||CompTIA Security+ CE and CompTIA Server+ are required. Additional certifications from CompTIA, Microsoft, Cisco, VMware, or other industry leaders are preferred.
||2+ years’ work experience
||Current Secret Clearance Required
- 2+ years’ technical support experience (preferred experience in Microsoft Windows desktop and server platforms, MS Exchange server administration, MS Office, Backup Software, DNS, DHCP, Active Directory, Group Policy).
- Microsoft Azure or related Cloud Experience.
- Source Control experience such as Team Foundation Server preferred.
- Demonstrated understanding of the issues involved with administering and maintaining corporate infrastructure, including network connectivity, Internet access, email, etc.
- Demonstrated understanding of the issues involved in administering and maintaining the corporate WAN.
- Cisco Catalyst Switch installation, management, and monitoring VLAN Design.
- Some experience with MS SQL Server (2008R2, 2012, 2014, 2016) architecture, installation and maintenance.
- Some experience in designing and maintaining SAN and NAS environments.
- Some experience with MS SharePoint Server 2010, 2013.
- Some experience with MS Hyper-V and/or VMware.
- Some experience in security auditing such as SCAP/STIG/ACAS/etc.
- Some experience in Linux appreciated but not mandatory.
- Experience in PowerShell and/or other scripting languages is preferred.
- Experience with MS IIS ASP.NET application installation, configuration, and troubleshooting is a plus.
- Design, implement, and manage Windows Server 2008-2016 environments.
- Configure, install, and update desktops, laptops, servers, and peripherals based on client service requests or as otherwise assigned.
- Perform application installations and upgrades. Provide support and maintenance to local and remote staff.
- Implement, automate and improve infrastructure administration tasks using tools such as WSUS, MDT, WDS, WAIK, and SCCM.
- Maintain and further improve the security, monitoring, and stability of our enterprise environment.
- Perform preventative maintenance of systems, applications, and computing equipment in Tiber Creek’s network computing environment.
- Build and administer Windows servers.
- Support Active Directory, including AD accounts, security groups, group policy, DNS, and DHCP.
- Install/troubleshoot VPN solution for remote access.
- Maintain and troubleshoot firewall functionality.
- Assist in production data center tasks as required by the IT Manager and senior engineering staff.
- Create and terminate Windows Active Directory and Exchange user accounts, including security groups and rights, group policy, and distribution groups.
- Special projects and other related duties.
- Participate in rotating on-call and maintenance schedules/rotations as assigned, possibly including nights and weekends.
and Work Environment:
- Usual office working conditions and standard office equipment.
- Required to sit for long periods of time using a personal computer.
- Some light physical effort required.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
- Only local residents to the Northern VA, DC, MD area will be considered.
- Unable to work with 3rd party candidates or agencies.