Systems Administrator / Systems Engineer
Tiber Creek Consulting is seeking candidates in the Northern Virginia area to join our growing IT Engineering Team. As a Systems Engineer with CompTIA Security+ CE and other industry relevant certifications such as the CompTIA Server+, CompTIA Network+, Microsoft MCSA/MCSE, and cloud certifications, your performance in this position provides growth potential in technical and/or project leadership roles, engineering, IT architecture, and security, and increasingly complex network and systems engineering duties. You will provide Tier 3 support services to our clients and partners experiencing technical issues and/or submitting IT requests involving business applications, networking appliances, virtual machines, and servers. This includes providing support, problem tracking, diagnosis, replication, resolution, escalation, systems engineering, systems architecting and system/application support documentation development. The ability to obtain Secret Clearance is required.
In addition to top industry pay, we offer generous medical, dental, short and long term disability insurance, flexible spending, 401(k), vacation/leave time, and training / degree / skill building opportunities.
||Fair Oaks, VA
||CompTIA Security+ CE certification required. Post-Secondary Degree or equivalent years of experience.
||4+ years’ related work experience required
||Candidates must be US citizens who are clearable for a DoD Secret clearance, due to military contract requirements.
- Minimum of 4 years’ technical support experience in Microsoft Windows server platforms, backup software, DNS, DHCP, Active Directory, Group Policy, Layer 3 Networking is Required.
- Microsoft Azure, AWS or related Cloud Experience.
- Source Control experience; Team Foundation Server and Git preferred.
- Basic Understanding of the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC)
- Demonstrated understanding of the issues involved with administering and maintaining enterprise application infrastructure, including network connectivity, Internet access, email, Active Directory, etc.
- MS SQL Server (2008R2, 2012, 2014, 2016) architecture, installation and maintenance.
- Troubleshooting SQL agent jobs, SSIS packages, and SSRS reports.
- Scripting experience with PowerShell, Python, or similar required.
- Virtualization such as MS Hyper-V and/or VMware.
- Security auditing such as SCAP/STIG/ACAS/etc.
- Linux experience is appreciated but not mandatory.
- Experience with MS IIS ASP.NET application installation, configuration, and troubleshooting is a plus.
- Design, implementation, and management of Windows Server 2012-2019 environments.
- Configure, install, and update servers based on client service requests or as otherwise assigned.
- Perform application installations and upgrades. Provide support and maintenance to local and remote staff.
- Implement, automate and improve infrastructure administration tasks using tools such as WSUS, SCCM, and other configuration management tools.
- Perform web application and database deployments to various environments such as build, test, and production.
- Maintain and further improve the security, monitoring, and stability of enterprise environments.
- Perform preventative maintenance of systems, applications, and computing equipment in client hosted or cloud hosted computing environments.
- Build and administer Windows servers.
- Support Active Directory, including AD accounts, security groups, group policy, DNS, and DHCP.
- Maintain and troubleshoot firewall functionality.
- Accomplish special projects and other related duties.
- Participate in rotating on-call and maintenance schedules / rotations as assigned, including occasional nights and weekends.
and Work Environment:
- Usual office working conditions and standard office equipment. Required to sit for long periods of time using a personal computer. Some physical effort required.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
- Candidates must have DoD Secret Clearance or be US citizens who are clearable for a DoD Secret clearance, due to military contract requirements.
- Only local residents to the Northern VA, DC, MD area will be considered.
- Unable to work with 3rd party candidates or agencies.